This camp is for rising 2nd-4th graders. We have found that it is a little too challenging for younger campers (those who have just finished kindergarten).
Price varies by location; price includes a lab fee
Using LEGO® bricks, campers will design and build structures and space vehicles for living on far away planets. Space Engineer includes instruction on the Earth, Moon, stars, and planets as well as the scientific topics of force, friction, simple machines, and gravity.
Campers will also join the crew aboard the International Space Station (ISS) to learn about propulsion, friction and more. Counselors will assign specific projects each day that include: a rotating satellite, space buggy, a stunning spaceship, terrestrial homes that can withstand alien atmospheres and a host of other exciting projects.
Campers will also build and launch two Estes Rockets as they learn about the physics of Space Travel. This is a camp your child won’t want to miss!
Typical Daily Schedule
This is the general schedule, but exact times vary by site. Ask your site director for your site’s daily schedule.
8:00-9:00 Before Care (optional for an additional fee)
8:30-9:10 Camper Arrival
9:10-9:30 All Camp Demonstration & Morning Meeting
9:30-10:30 Science Activity #1
10:30-11:00 Snack & Morning Outdoor Activity
11:00-12:00 Science Activity #2
12:30-1:30 Science Activity #3
1:30-2:15 Snack & Afternoon Outdoor Activity
2:15-3:30 Science Activity #4
3:30-4:00 Camper Dismissal
4:00-5:30* After Care (optional for an additional fee)
*After care at Fairhaven UMC and Timonium UMC ends at 5:00pm.
Forms & Resources
Summer 2023 Camp Information Packet
Getting ready for camp should be an exciting process for your entire family. Many families attend multiple camps throughout the summer and often the information gets lost or misplaced. For your convenience we have posted our Camp Information in the form of a parent newsletter on-line in PDF format. This document covers everything from Club SciKidz policies to camp dates and security issues.
Download Camp Information Packet »
The Welcome Packet mentions an ‘Administration of Medicine Form’. If your child requires any medications during the time he/she is at the camp (including an Epi pen or inhaler), please download this form and print it, have it completed & signed by your doctor, and bring it with the child on the first day of camp.
Download Administration of Medicine Form »
Health & Wellness Policy
Hours & Fees
Camp Pricing, Hours & Information:
- Camps start at $339.00 per week*.
*Please note the same camp may be a different price depending on the camp location—We keep our prices as low as possible at each individual location
- To see what a typical day is like, click here.
- Our week is Monday-Friday from 9am-3:30pm. Regular drop-off is between 8:30-9:00 and regular pick-up is between 3:30-4:00.
- Before care and aftercare is available for an additional fee. You can choose before/aftercare by the week or per-day.
- Before care hours start at 8am and is $30 for the week.
- Aftercare hours go until 5:30pm and is $50 for the week. At Fairhaven UMC and Timonium UMC locations, after care ends at 5:00pm and the cost is $40 for the week.
Depending on the camp, additional lab fees may apply. Please see our camp descriptions for more information.
Online registration closes at midnight the Wednesday before that week of camp. For example, registration for camp the week of June 19th ends midnight on Wednesday, June 14th. Registrations made after the deadline will be subject to a $20 convenience fee.
Discounts will be offered from the end of November when registration opens through the end of February. Our biggest discount is our Black Friday/Cyber Monday discount of $40 off per week of full-day camp (not applicable at Key School). Discounts will decrease as we get closer to the summer. No extra discounts are offered after February.
We always offer multi-week and sibling discounts. You receive $10 off the second and additional child per week for the sibling discount and $10 off the second and additional camp for a camper for the multi-week discount. These discounts are cumulative and are applied automatically when camps are registered for at the same time.
A military discount is offered. Contact us to provide proof and receive the discount code.
Just like last summer, we are committed to operating the 2023 camp season for you and your family. As always, we provide you some comfort and flexibility when enrolling in camp for 2023 with our flexible cancellation policy.
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Receive a full refund (minus the $30 cancellation fee) through March 31, 2023.
- Receive a 75% refund April 1, 2023- May 31, 2023. No refunds will be given after May 31st, 2023.
- Starting June 1, 2023, cancellations will receive a full credit as long as the cancellation is made at least two weeks in advance of the camp start date. This credit can be used for a different week of camp during the summer or camp in the future. Cancellations made within two weeks of the camp start date are not eligible for credits or refunds for any reason. There are no refunds or credits for missed sessions due to illness, family emergencies or for campers who prove unsuccessful in the camp setting due to behavior or other reasons.
- Please note that camps purchased with account credit can only be issued an account credit in the event that you’d like to cancel.
Cancellations must be made via email (email@example.com) by the cut-off date or at least two weeks in advance, whichever is applicable.