Beginner Coding with Roblox
Price varies by location
Campers will dive into the basics of coding with the wildly popular game of Roblox. They will be modifying and creating their own Roblox game using Roblox Studio with Lua! Campers will learn real coding with the help of drag and drop coding blocks while simultaneously seeing and writing real code! You will be introduced to programming concepts such as methods, variables and for loops to create a full Roblox game! Campers will start with building the game called Prison Escape. Campers will move on to more difficult projects such as Barrel Roll and Alien Attack. By the end of the week, campers will have multiple games that were coded by them! Not only will campers learn the basics of video game programming, but they will get to play their games as well!
Typical Daily Schedule
This is the general schedule, but exact times vary by site. Ask your site director for your site’s daily schedule.
8:00-9:00 Before Care (optional for an additional fee)
8:30-9:10 Camper Arrival
9:10-9:30 All Camp Demonstration & Morning Meeting
9:30-10:30 Science Activity #1
10:30-11:00 Snack & Morning Outdoor Activity
11:00-12:00 Science Activity #2
12:30-1:30 Science Activity #3
1:30-2:15 Snack & Afternoon Outdoor Activity
2:15-3:30 Science Activity #4
3:30-4:00 Camper Dismissal
4:00-5:30* After Care (optional for an additional fee)
*After care at Fairhaven UMC, Linden Heights Church, and Timonium UMC ends at 5:00pm.
Forms & Resources
Summer 2022 Camp Information Packet
Getting ready for camp should be an exciting process for your entire family. Many families attend multiple camps throughout the summer. For your convenience we have posted our Camp Information in the form of a parent newsletter on-line in PDF format. This document covers everything from Club SciKidz policies to camp dates and security issues.
The Welcome Packet mentions an ‘Administration of Medicine Form’. If your child requires any medications during the time he/she is at the camp, please download this form and print it, fill in the required information, and bring it with the child on the first day of camp.
Health & Wellness Policy
Sample Daily Schedule
Hours & Fees
Camp Pricing, Hours & Information:
- Camps start at $339.00 per week*.
*Please note the same camp may be a different price depending on the camp location---We keep our prices as low as possible at each individual location
- To see what a typical day is like, click here.
- Our week is Monday-Friday from 9am-3:30pm. Regular drop-off is between 8:30-9:00 and regular pick-up is between 3:30-4:00.
- Before care and aftercare is available for an additional fee. You can choose before/aftercare by the week or per-day.
- Before care hours start at 8am and is $30 for the week.
- Aftercare hours go until 5:30pm and is $50 for the week. NEW for Summer 2022: At Fairhaven UMC, Linden Heights Church, and Timonium UMC locations, after care ends at 5:00pm and the cost is $40 for the week.
Depending on the camp, additional lab fees may apply. Please see our camp descriptions for more information.
Online registration closes at midnight the Wednesday before that week of camp. For example, registration for camp the week of June 15th ends midnight on Wednesday, June 10th. Registrations made after the deadline will be subject to a $20 convenience fee.
Discounts will be offered from Cyber Monday when registration opens through the end of February. Our biggest discount is our Cyber Monday discount of $40 off per week of full-day camp (not applicable at Key School). Discounts will decrease as we get closer to the summer. No extra discounts are offered after March.
We always offer multi-week and sibling discounts. You receive $10 off the second and additional child per week for the sibling discount and $10 off the second and additional camp for a camper for the multi-week discount. These discounts are cumulative and are applied automatically when camps are registered for at the same time.
A military discount is offered. Contact us to provide proof and receive the discount code.
The Half-Day Summer Camp Program
For our youngest campers, (PreK-K group/4-5 year olds) we are offer an optional half-day program. The hours are from 9am-1pm and the cost is $219 per week ($239 per week at St. Martin's). Aftercare is not available for the half-day program. Your camper will need a snack, lunch, and water bottle. If registering for the St. Martin's location, select the "Half Day Option" camp in the registration system. For all other locations, use the following code to register for the half day option: HALFDAY
Just like last summer, we are committed to operating the 2022 camp season for you and your family. As always, we provide you some comfort and flexibility when enrolling in camp for 2022 with our flexible cancellation policy.
If you enroll in camp and your plans change or you have concerns about your child attending camp this summer, you can cancel and receive a refund or credit according to our policy. Our policy encourages early decisions so as not to affect other customers or our ability to efficiently deliver our programs and is based on the fact that supplies are purchased for your child in March. Because we cover registration fees for you, all cancellations for a refund will incur a $30 cancellation fee (per camp) to cover administrative costs.
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Receive a full refund (minus the $30 cancellation fee) through March 31, 2022.
- Receive a 75% refund April 1, 2022– May 31, 2022. No refunds will be given after May 31st, 2022.
- Starting June 1, 2022, cancellations will receive a full credit as long as the cancellation is made at least two weeks in advance of the camp start date. This credit can be used for a different week of camp during the summer or camp in the future. Cancellations made within two weeks of the camp start date are not eligible for credits. There are no refunds or credits for missed sessions.
- Please note that camps purchased with account credit can only be issued an account credit in the event that you'd like to cancel.
Cancellations must be made via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the cut-off date or at least two weeks in advance, whichever is applicable.