Welcome to Summer 2022!
We are so excited that you'll be part of the Club SciKidz MD team this summer. This summer we have twelve different locations throughout four Maryland counties, and the majority of our locations are SOLD OUT! We know that YOU are the key to a GREAT summer and a SUCCESSFUL camp season. Below you will find all of the information you need in one place.
To make sure that everyone is ready for the first day of camp and all our excited campers, we have a mandatory training on Saturday, June 11th. To make sure that the training is efficient and tailored to each staff member, we have one training for new employees and a separate training for returning employees. Please see the details below:
**This includes ALL new hires and folks who worked a previous summer with us but did NOT attend training. If you worked Summer 2021 but did not attend training, you need to attend this year. If you have a question about this, let me know.**
Saturday, June 11th at St. John’s Parish Day School, 9130 Frederick Road, Ellicott City, MD; 9am-4pm
Arrive between 9am-9:30am to complete I9 form, get background form notarized, and get your t-shirts & name tags. We’ll also have coffee & donutsJ Training will start promptly at 9:30am. We’ll provide snacks and lunch. We’ll end by 4pm.
RETURNING STAFF who have attended training in the past.
Saturday, June 11th via Zoom; 10:30am-12:00pm https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88648430855?pwd=Q25QcE5xU0FUWGZpZU9ncHNxTTY4dz09
If you have out-standing paperwork or clearances, we’ll let you know as all employee files must be complete by this day.
Fingerprinting & Background Checks
All employees must complete a background check before their first day of work. We have locations set up in Anne Arundel, Howard, and Montgomery counties for you to have this completed on your own time. You do not have to pay for it, just pick your location & follow the directions for your chosen location. Clearances must be received by June 8th!
Mandated Reporter Training
As an employee who will be working with children this summer, you are considered a “Mandated Reporter” for child abuse. That means, if you suspect, see evidence of, or hear claims of abuse, you are required by law to report it. This online training is provided through the Baltimore Child Abuse Center and is free. Once you complete the training, email me a copy of your completion certificate.
Follow the steps below:
- Go to https://training.reportabusemd.com
- Click on the middle box “Login” to create an account. Follow the prompts. For those who created a login in last year, log in on the right side of the screen using your account information from last year.
- Login and select the training “Mandated Reporters”.
- Take the training which consists of videos, reading some documents, and a quiz at the end.
- When you’ve successfully completed the course and passed the quiz, download and email your certificate to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CPR & First Aid Training
All Club SciKidz MD employees are required to be First Aid and CPR certified. For those who are already certified, just email us a copy of your certification card/certificate. Your certification must be valid through August 2022.
For those who need to get certified....
- Take an online class. We have used this course through National CPR Foundation for several years. It costs $14.95 and takes less than 45 minutes. The certification is valid for two years. https://www.nationalcprfoundation.com/courses/standard-cpr-aed-first-aid/
- Take an in-person course.Trainings are provided by many different organizations. You may even be able to take it through your school or college. You can check the American Red Cross and American Heart Association webpages for approved in-person classes.